Thursday, September 10, 2015

Heartfelt Creations - Enchanted Mum Four Step Card Tutorial

Hello Friends!
I love making step cards with fancy folds, the die set I used for this card base makes it really easy and it works great with the beautiful papers, stamps and dies from the Enchanted Mum Collection.
Here is the finished card opened:





Here is the finished card closed:





Supplies Needed:

Bright Ideas Prills           

Other Products:
Spellbinders Happy Days Die Set, Grand Calibur, Neenah Papers Natural White Cardstock, BoBunny Blush Double Dot Cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Ranger Distress Ink Pads (Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, Spun Sugar, Bundled Sage, Dried Marigold, Brushed Corduroy), Foam Squares, Glue.

Instructions:

Step 1:

Die cut 4 step card base using Spellbinders Happy Days die set and pink cardstock. Using small square dies from the set, die cut 4 small images from the Enchanted Mum paper collection.
This is the Spellbinders Happy Days die set:



Step 2:

Fold 4 step card base at creases created by the die. Die cut 2 scalloped borders using pink cardstock. 


Step 3:

Die cut 2 panels for step card base using step insert die from set and a 6” x 6” square front from paper collection.


Step 4:

Color the edges of all the pieces using distress brown ink.


Step 5:

Glue 4 small square images and left and right step panel cuts from paper collection onto pink step card base as pictured.

Step 6:

Stamp Enchanted Mum set onto natural white cardstock multiple times using ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink in several colors. Die cut with coordinating Enchanted Mum die.  You need 5 pieces of the smallest flower to make one Mum and only 2 pieces for the Daisy. I created a total of 3 Mums and 2 Daisies for this card.

Step 7:


Color the edges of flowers with distress or chalk inks.  Shape flowers using Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. I used the 8mm tip and the curler tip in the set.  Layer 5 pieces together using glue to form Mum.  Shape and color 2 flower pieces to form Daisies and embellish center with Prills.

Step 8:



Stamp Open Leaf and Classic Leaf sets with black ink onto natural white cardstock.  Die cut with coordinating Classic Leaf die set.  Stamp dragonflies swirl from Enchanted Mum Bouquet set and die cut with coordinating die from Enchanted Dragonflies die set.  Stamp sentiment banner from Enchanted Dragonflies set and die cut with coordinating die from Enchanted Dragonflies die set. Color all pieces with distress inks.

Step 9:



Glue scalloped borders to left and right edge of step card base.  Layer Mums, Daisies, dragonflies, leaves, swirls and sentiment banner on step card base using glue and foam squares.

I hope you are encouraged to make this card, they are a lot of fun and you can use any of your favorite Heartfelt Creations Collections.



Thanks for visiting! Hugs!

Marisa




21 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Marisa! Thank you so much for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisa this is amazing!! Am I the last to know that Spellbinders had a die for this card style?? Oh my goodness, you made a masterpiece out of it! Great job on the tutorial, I'm going to jump in and give this one a try! TFS your talent and inspiration!! Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Marisa,I was wondering how this card was made, thank you soo soo much for the tutorial....well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marisa

    I loved the card as I commented before but could not see how it folded flat to post! Doh!
    Now I have seen your tutorial and looked at the die set again I am thinking this would be a great addition to my die collection. Thank you so much for showing us how it's done!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! Thanks also for helping me understand Karen's question! Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful, love the colours, so pretty
    xo Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Marisa, what an amazing design, you are so clever!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, you convinced me. I *NEED* these new flowers ASAP! Gorgeous card and amazing flowers, as always! Love your cards Marisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you cover the top of the steps with white caardstock and still manage to fold the card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The square layers for the steps are smaller and they don't interfere with the folding lines.

      Delete
    2. Make sure the layers are adhered in the middle and are not touching the score lines and it should fold easily.

      Delete
    3. Do you adhere it from the top or the bottom? It looks like either the front of the step or the back of the step has to remain loose so that it can fold flat when the card is folded. Is this correct?

      Delete
    4. I think I know now what you are talking about. The white part is not cardstock, it is the back of the card showing through the openings created by the steps. You don't have to add any cardstock at all.

      Delete
  9. Hi Marisa
    Thank you for the tutorial as I was curious as to how this worked.
    Fabulous card!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much. Now I understand that the steps remain open. From the picture it looked like the white on the top of the steps was actually part of the card. Thanks for your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No problem! Have fun making the card, it's actually very easy with the die sets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I purchased this die set only last week, a friend brought me hers to show me, and of course I just had to have it. It is so easy to use, and it does fold nicely. I am going to make this card this afternoon for another friend's birthday next week. I dont have the Enchanted Mums paper, but I do have the Peacock collection, hope it turns out ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are going to make this card! Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Comments
Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!